Thursday, August 11, 2005

Playing Catch Up

So it's been a while since I really updated this... Sorry. It isn't as if you people really care what is going on b/c no one leaves comments. I am kidding I do this more for myself than for you anyway ;)
Work has been crazy lately I have been balancing one thing after another and I am not seeing any visible results. A big and important part of my job is to get new patients (pts), kind of a double edged sword. Getting new is good for me and my job security, but it also means someone is dying. It has been hard to ajust to this. I know in my soul why I moved away from everyone I love for a job that I am unsure of, because I was so touched by the company when my grandparents had it. However in the last few months I have discovered some very important things about myself:
1) I am a perfectionist. That is why my projects never get done until the last min. I am always scrapping ideas and starting over.
2) I like to work in an organized structured environment. Don't get me wrong there is always structure in my work but for the job I have I feel completely out in the dark sometimes. I feel very unqualified to "sale" anything but jewelry. Saling jewelry I was good at. Hospice on the otherhand... Not so good at.
3) I miss my friends. Leaving my hometown was easy because I didn't have any friends. Leaving Montgomery has been very hard. I miss those people who I saw everyday. It hasn't been easy to meet people my age over here.
and finally,
4) I do get overwhelmed and stressed out when left alone. It was so easy not to "melt down" in Montgomery. Someone was always having a worse day than me. I have always been the sunny person who helps others out. Being over here has taken that away from me. I don't know what is going on in some people's life's and I am left to deal solely with my own life.

I guess what I am saying is I am very happy but also very sad. I miss everyone so much and I keep falling behind in work projects. I will make it though and I know I have great friends who are never more than a phone call away.

No comments: