Monday, October 31, 2005

Beach trip

This weekend was so much fun! Friday night I went to Heather’s engagement party at her aunt’s house. When I walked in she ran to meet me and we jumped up and down and screamed. Meanwhile her family was looking like who in the world is this. Yay I am her Maid of Honor that’s who! Then I went to Diflipo’s with my mom and little bro and his friend Alex. Diflipo’s is this pizza place in Ozark it has the best pizza (better than pizza hut ;) even) and an amazing Italian Sub!

Saturday morning we got up and Michael took forever to get ready. We finally left an hour or so after we had planned the drive down wasn’t that bad. We stayed at the Holiday Inn SunSpree the beach was beautiful! Momma laid out while Michael, Alex and I went for about a mile long walk on the beach from the motel to Pineapple Willy’s. We were walking on a sandbar ankle deep and suddenly Alex stepped off of it and fell in up to his chest. Michael turned around and stayed dry, but I kept walking. By the time the sandbar ended the water was waist deep for me. In case you were wondering, the Gulf of Mexico is chilly this time of year think low 70’s.

Saturday night Michael wanted to eat at Pineapple Willy’s, it was the worst food ever and $88 for four people. We could have gone to the Treasure Ship for that! Then we went to Cobra and rode go carts. I almost overtook Michael from three cars back! If Alex had gotten out of my way about 100ft sooner I would have won! Oh well it was lot’s of fun.

We went back to the motel and momma and I went out to the hot tub. While we were out there a guy started hitting on her. Later she made a comment about having a grown daughter, and he looked very confused. She then told him I was her daughter. He asked, “Just how old are you?” When she said 42 I thought he would drown in the hot tub. So my question is this: you are a 33 yr old guy, do you hit on me or my mom. It was so funny.

Sunday we went out in the ocean for about an hour, very cold. The water was so pretty I had to go out in it. We stayed out up to our shoulders until the boys disappeared from the beach. Those wimps were tired and went back up to the room to watch TV. For lunch we went to Sweet Basil’s. By the time we got back to Ozark the boys had gotten on my last nerve. I hopped in my car and came back home.

The pets were happy to see me when I got here, the dogs ran right in and to the kennel for the night. I guess they got cold over the weekend.

No comments: