Friday, December 07, 2007

Amazing Friends

One game night several weeks ago we were all picking on each other and something came up about friends. I forgot the context, but this was said (in teasing of course) "Wow! I'm surprised you have 4 friends." I got to thinking about it and spoke up and said that I without a doubt could name 4 friends not in the room at that moment.
This lead me to think back to high school. I did not have many friends. In fact only one person comes to mind that I would call a true friend. Through college I made friends that I knew would be lasting. Cathy, Heather, Joni, Jay, and Alton are the ones who really stand out while I am typing this post. In my adult life other have come along Jessica, Kelly, Kelly, Kyle, Angie, Amy, and Jason to name a few.
Each and everyone of these people routinely impact my life. I love and treasure you all more than you can imagine. 10 years ago, I would have never believed that God would bless me with friends like you.
Last night as I was laying on my bed in the middle of full body spasms triggered by who knows what, I was surrounded by my friends. Kyle you were literally wiping my tears away, Jessica you were taking charge and getting in your "nurse mode", and Kelly you were saying a prayer for me. Thank you so much for being there.
I don't know why God has allowed me to have fibromyalgia. What I do know is that it continually humbles me and reminds me that I am not alone, and I cannot do it all all by my self.
Most of all, it reminds me of what great friends God has blessed me with. I am truly a blessed girl.

If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:10 NIV

3 comments:

TC said...

I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity when it comes to friends.

Sounds like you've got that downpat.

Hope you're feeling better :-/

Bone said...

I'm sorry for your suffering :-( But it does sound like you've truly been blessed with great friends.

Cath said...

Now that you have more people around you, I don't hear about these relapses as much, not until after the fact. :( Remember you can call if you need me.