Wednesday, July 13, 2005

highlights from the week

Monday: Today was a very stressful day at work. I had a message on my cell phone from my supervisor, and she has a very accusing sounding voice. So I dread calling her back all day luckily when I did call back I got her voicemail too. Also it was raining this morning and I had no power so I felt like a drowned rat all day. Finally, the CEO of the company was in town and since it was raining, I stayed in the office most of the day. Well this is bad since I get paid to be out marketing. However, the way I looked today I had no business being out marketing. It was a lose-lose situation all day. My bright spot happened after work…

SETTING: Alton has been here all weekend helping me do stuff around the house. His project today was to install the motion detector light outside.

THE CONVERSATION: Alton: Well, I installed it on the back light and it didn’t work, then I installed it on the front light and it didn’t work so I came in and read the directions.

Ok so it isn’t nearly as funny reading it second hand, but rest assured it was hilarious when it happened. Alton left about 7. I didn’t think I would but I started crying and couldn’t stop for about 15 mins. I will see him on Friday but it is so weird to know he is more than a phone call and 10 miles away. Thanks for all your help this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually installed in on the back, took it off, reinstalled it on the back, took it off, took a rain break, installed in on the front, took it off, went in, read the instructions, then came back out and installed it on the front...presto it worked...but I was doing it right the whole time...i just forgot to turn it off then on after 5 seconds to activate it