Sunday, November 20, 2005

It happened

Well some poor soul finally managed to get me in a "committed" relationship. Can you believe it! I stopped running, even refer to him as my "boyfriend." Big step for all who know me. Strangely I am very excited. Several things I am trying this time:
1. Don't over analyze
2. Don't anticipate the future
3. Do enjoy the moment
4. Don't be so critical
5. Do express my appreciation
I am sure there are many more things on my check list but for the moment those will do. Now, back to your regularly scheduled update.
Friday I actually came home at 1 and didn't work the rest of the day. This week has been extremely rough at work. Several things are going on and I spent the week reminding myself why I love what I do. Additionally, I knew I would be working on thanksgiving goody bags for hours over the course of the weekend, so my afternoon off is justified. I planned on grilling pork chops for dinner... but, remember a few months ago I left the grill on. Yeah so grilling didn't happen, instead I tried to cook the thick pork chops on a George Forman grill. That took forever. We ate then watched the Pacifier.
Saturday was uneventful. Played with he puppies outside for a while then Josh put my dining room table together, and we ate lunch. After lunch the Iron Bowl came on ugh that was terrible! Josh went home at half time to get ready for a mission trip. I spent the afternoon and night doing odd things around the house (never did vacuum though).
Sunday I slept late and almost talked myself out of going to church. About 10:30 I decided I should go and went to Ladonia Baptist Church. The message was good, but the people were not overly friendly to a visitor who what obviously there alone. Came home and started putting the goody bags together. Can you say 5 hours? The breakdown is as follows: 1 hour to cut out the cards and punch a hole in them, 30 mins to mix the ingredients, 2 hours to stuff 50 bags, 1.5 hours to tie the cute little ribbon on.
All in all the weekend was great now it is off to work for this very short week!

2 comments:

Cath said...

So just out of curiosity... why would you put your dining room table together if you hate living there and want to move back to Montgomery?

Melanie said...

I don't know how long I will be here, and I want to be comfortable. It was nice to have dinner on a table for a change.