Saturday, April 21, 2007

$51.60

Waking up at 4:30 wasn't so terrible this morning. Granted I don't want to do it often, but once in a while isn't bad. It was a slow yard sale day. I think we had about 13 people stop and walk up the hill to view our array of goods. I will post a pic soon of my house, walking up the front steps is a nightmare. I think it actually deterred some yard sale seekers. They slowed down and looked but never got out. Of course, they could have been looking at my dear roommate or co-worker on the exercise thing that was amusing.

I was so happy with myself, I only brought one item back in the house today. I've already forgotten what it was, so I probably didn't need to save it from the yard sale. That was always my problem as a child. My mom would make me go through my stuff every few months and we would box it up. Then, once a year we would have a yard sale. My gosh, by the time the yard sale came those were like new toys that I had never seen or played with before! I would spend the entire Saturday morning sneaking stuff back into my bedroom. She eventually made me start buying the stuff back from her. And there was no haggling if it was me buying it back. The kid down the street could pay .10 but it was a quarter for me!

We are planning another yard sale for the first week of May. This time with tables. The church yard sale was today and they were using all the tables :( I laid stuff on sheets on the ground. People are lazy they don't like to look on the ground for some reason. I mean come on people there is a $50 Express shirt for a buck fifty; bend your lazy @*& down and get it. All in all it was a good day. I made $22 Jess made $12 and Kelly made $17.

2 comments:

Bone said...

Hmm, did you make signs or promote it at all? That usually helps.

And yeah, I think tables help. Clothes on the ground seem to give people the impression that it's not as good a yard sale or something. I find it's also good to park a bike out there and some various things, even if they're not for sale, people might stop and ask about them :)

You're right about not wanting to part with the yard sale stuff. I remember doing that, too. That's funny :)

Melanie said...

Thanks Bone, I can always count on you for a great insightfull comment. I didn't promote it like I should have. I didn't really know I was going to have it until Tuesday. I did put up signs but not many. I will have another the first week of May with tables!