Friday, April 20, 2007

My Mom is going to faint

My mother taught me how to keep a clean house. Honestly she did. We had a maid for a while then when i got a little older my mom let her go for a few years. He intent was to make sure i knew how to keep a clean house. Well I know how, but that certainly doesn't mean i keep things neat and tidy.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have bugs running all over the house. I don't worry about rats, I do worry about breaking my leg in the middle of the night. So, my mother is coming to visit today. I prepared her... "Momma, i could really use your help with some spring cleaning" to my surprise she agreed. During college when she would visit, it was always accompanied with a sighed "i know you know how to clean." I keep waiting for the domestic house cleaner side of my personality to kick in. I think i need a jump start. And quite possibly a mentor. Someone other than my mom or roommate to ask me those really tough questions. Like:
Did you clean underneath the toaster?
Have you done laundry this week?
When is the last time you dusted?
Surprise visits wouldn't hurt either. I hate being embarrassed by having a dirty house. Knowing someone i admire might drop by at any time would provide a certain level of motivation for keeping a tidy house. For those of you who have mastered keeping a nice spotless house, how do you do it? I have a chore chart on the refrigerator, it has been there for two years and never marked on, but by golly it is there!

1 comment:

Bone said...

I completely agree. If I never had company, I'd be afraid what this place would look like.