Wednesday, October 24, 2007

3WW #2


Welcome to Three Word Wednesday. Each week, Bone will post three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. Bone will also attempt to write something using the same words.
Leave a comment if you participate. Many fun and interesting people might visit your blog.
This week’s words are:
WEEKEND
UNEXPECTED
CARE

Last weekend I received and unexpected call from an exboyfriend. I stepped into the roll of friend without missing a beat. He needed that friend to listen to him. I didn't care that I was listening to him groan about his most recent ex girlfriend. He needed me and I was there as a friend. Then Tuesday she called and without missing a beat, he bumpped me out of the friend seat.
I'm tired of being the nice girl. I am sick to death of being taken for granted. Maybe I will start acting my age. I will be shallow, look out for only me, and spend ungodly amounts of money on clothes and makeup. Being mature, kind, and caring doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. First he was gone as a boyfriend/mate and I was sad. Now, I open up as a friend and it hurts all over again.
Ok my rant is over. Those of you who know me, know that I will never give up on love or most anything else. I am, despite my life not being on the route that i would like, a very happy and content girl! Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say not to be friends with your exes, but my ex-husband has brought many good unexpected things into my life

Just stay open--stay happy--stay trusting with just a bit of skepticism

And look at this as a learning experience--but don't lose the essential joyfulness you so obviously have

paisley said...

you sure as hell don't need any relationship advise from me!!!! your doing fine... just do what comes naturally to you....

if you wanna know how to leave a link in your comment to make these easier for us to read,, please email me....

whypaisley@gmail.com

charles said...

cheerleader, fun post!!

i agree, i won't give up on love!! i'm a hopeful romantic.

-charles

Jo said...

How great to be so upbeat!

Shephard said...

It's all about learning how far to extend yourself and when, isn't it.
Nice to hear you don't up.
~S

Melanie said...

Thanks everyone. I am feeling more upbeat now. Every day I breathe is a great day, if I choose to make it one!

TC said...

Being mature, kind, and caring doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

The thing is, even realizing that doesn't help me. I can't seem to change that behavior, even when I'd like to. I'm going to guess it won't be easy for you either.

Staying friends with exes doesn't really work for me. Sometimes I wish it did, but I suck at it. There are some people we aren't meant to be friends with, and for me, it's usually an ex.

Joe said...

Boy it's hard to stay friends with exes. But, you should not let them jade you.

Truefaith1963 said...

Its tough to care but so much more rewarding than not caring.

Bone said...

I like that you had a little positive and hopeful ending after the rant was over :)

Thanks for playing this week!

poefusion said...

I hope you don't change who you are for the sake of love or a man. I would much rather see you gain happiness by being yourself and enjoying life. Have a nice day.

Michelle