Monday, October 22, 2007

Fibro Fit

Well for the last 5 months I have been fighting my fibromyalgia more so than normal. I have had a lot more fatigue and pain lately, and had to come home from work after only an hour today. I must admit that I am getting a little bit scared. From all of my research over the years, fibro is supposed to plateau and stay at that level. Just as in diagnosing the syndrome changes are considered permanent after 6 months. If that is true, my new level of pain on a scale from 1-10 is now a 6! My baseline pain/fatigue was my old 4. Basically when I started feeling bad, on a scale from 1-10 I described my pain as a 4. So eventually the 4 became my new 1. Now my level is a 6 (7 years ago that would have been a 10). I am in so much pain and can't seem to concentrate on anything. It is so frustrating!
I hate not being able to do the things that i want to do. I love to work, both in my job and with my house. Now I don't have the streghnth or stamina to do the things that I want to do. Oh well, my only option is to keep going. I can't keep letting it get me. I will be at work tomorrow for the whole day.

3 comments:

Bone said...

:(

I hope you feel better soon, Cheerleader.

*HUG*

Melanie said...

I'm sure I would feel better crying into a cute DJ's shoulder ;)

Joe said...

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hopefully you will get to feeling better soon.