Monday, October 15, 2007

Roasted Corn, Corndogs, and cows

Any guesses where I spent the last week? I was at The Alabama National Fair! Oh Yeah! You read right I spent the whole week at the fair. Not only did I spend the entire week at the fair, I got paid to be there. Oh yeah I definitely went into the right career field. Granted by Saturday I had my fill of the fair, but it was a nice week out of the office none the less.
I really didn’t want to be at the fair at first. I just stuck it in the bottom of a stack of papers for a while. A few weeks ago (literally like 3 weeks ago) I was told we were going to have a booth at the fair. I reluctantly agreed only thinking of how much of my budget was about to be spent on this “inexpensive” way to be in the community. Grand total approximately $2,300.
We talked about our Kirby Club account for kids and CU Succeed for teens most of the week. I also mentioned our CD rates quite a few times, 4.98% APR for 7 months. I found out Friday that a couple I spoke with on Wednesday came in and opened a $25,000 7 month CD. Sure wish I got commission or something ;)
I wound up driving south on Friday because my Aunt had a heart attack last week. She is still in ICU, but overall I think the outlook is good. It was nice being home for a little while, but I don’t think I will ever move back home. It is such a long drive to get to anything down there! I walked a few miles with my mom Saturday morning then watched the Bama game. Later I went to my dad’s and we grilled out and watched the AU game.
So there was my week. Here’s to another great one!

2 comments:

TC said...

Hope things work out for your aunt.

Man, I wish my work allowed me to be at the fair for a week! We used to do that as kids, when we participated in a lot of activities: we'd pretty much live there. Sigh.

Bone said...

I want some cotton candy.

And a candied apple.

And a hamburger and a corn dog.