Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The New Guy :)

I met a really nice guy through my ex-boyfriend this summer. My ex and I tried to keep our relationship pure and therefore always welcomed company so that we would not be alone together. This friend was over most nights for a good part of our relationship. After my ex and I decided that we were not compatible and definitely did not want to spend our lives together, his friend and I maintained our friendship. Over the last few months we have spent a lot of time together. Offering support and advice and just being someone to talk to about everything from dating to yard work.

As you can guess, we have started dating. It was a big surprise to us that we were attracted to each other, but apparently obvious to everyone else including my ex-boyfriend who took it upon himself to let me and his friend know that we had his "blessing/approval" to date.

My new man is 20. He turned 20 one week before I turned 24. Robbing the cradle? A little bit. I have had one other younger boyfriend, it was in high school. I was a senior and he a freshman. Oh yeah we got laughed at big time. KB is great though, I don't care how old he is.

He saw my fibromyalgia flare up during my relationship with his friend. He helps me with house work, yard work, and my pets. His first priority is God, he volunteers in the community working with kids. He is a hard worker and a great listener. He seems to know everything that is important to me.

Let me recap this week just to show you how amazing he is. Saturday night we went to see The Bee Movie (wait for the DVD). After that, we went to the new Wal-Mart just to walk around. Then over to a friends apartment for a while. Nothing terribly special except he took me to an animated kid movie and walked up and down every aisle in the non food part of Wal-Mart.

Sunday was a really good example of his sweetness. He called me Sunday morning and discovered that I was sick as a dog. He finished up working and brought me Gatorade. He also texted my roommate all day checking on me and came over around 4:30 to check on me. He then gave me control of the remote because I was the sick one. Oh yeah and he brought over two tickets to ASF's showing of Peter Pan next month because I said a week ago that I wanted to make sure I saw it before the play ended.

Tuesday was another revealing day. I was home sick and had to go to the doctor and get a shot in my butt. He left work at lunch and came over to the house to be with me because he remembered from me being sick while dating my ex that I hate being alone when I am sick.

Around 1:00 I went outside to give the dogs some scraps. As soon as I walked outside I heard Peaches meowing in pain. I looked over and she was underneath the electric fence I screamed for KB to come out and unplugged the fence then ran inside to get my shoes. He grabbed my purse and drove us to the vet's office. I was fine until they put us in a room, I totally lost it then. He was right there telling me she was gonna be ok and not to worry. (she is fine and is home now) The rest of the day he comforted me and told me every thing was going to be fine.

It was later that afternoon that we took the big step... Changed our status on facebook and myspace to "in a relationship" Yep, its on the two online social sites and my blog it is official. I am robbing the cradle. My boyfriend is 20 and wonderful! Oh I am a happy girl!

No comments: